Fenway at the Waterville Animal Shelter
Hi Josie -
You haven't met me yet. I am Fenway the Maine Coon cat and I now live with your Grandma Bobby and Grandpa Larry. I am a very lucky cat. This is a picture of me at the Waterville Animal Shelter where I was when your Grandma Bobby and Grandpa Larry found me and decided to bring me home. An animal shelter is for animals that don't have a family yet. I didn't like living at the shelter very much - but it was better than my life before I came there. At the shelter I at least had enough food to eat, a warm safe place to sleep and people who petted me sometimes. When I first came to the shelter I had been outside alone for many days. I was very hungry and my beautiful fur was all matted and dirty. I had a bad cold.
When I got to the shelter, I was very scared. But the people there were nice. They gave me food and medicine for my cold, cut the mats from my fur and gave me a flea bath! I liked being warm and feeling full from the food - I hated the flea bath!
After my cold was much better, people at the shelter decided to take my picture - the picture you see above. They put the picture and some information about me on the internet so people who are looking for cats to live with them can see the cats and read a bit about them.
Grandma Bobby and Grandpa Larry wanted a cat - they wanted a Maine Coon Cat that was not very old - Lucky for me I wasn't even 2 years old yet! And they wanted a Maine Coon Cat that liked people and was gentle. WELL - Lucky for them, I LOVE people and I am very very gentle.
Grandma Bobby and Grandpa Larry read about me on the internet, they saw my picture and they thought I just might be the right cat for them. It was the day before Thanksgiving when they decided to call the Waterville Animal Shelter to see if they could visit me and if we liked each other then they could bring me home. The people at the shelter told them the shelter was closed on Thanksgiving day but they could come the day after Thanksgiving. (Do you remember Thanksgiving - eating all that turkey with your family???)
I was excited to learn that people were coming to visit me. But I had a hard time waiting for 2 whole days until they came. (do you have a hard time waiting for something you really want to happen?)
Next time I write - I will tell you about meeting Grandma Bobby and Grandpa Larry, my new family. You are also part of my family - and I am having a very hard time waiting until I can meet you! And I will tell you what I did not like about the shelter while I lived there. And what I loved the moment I got to my new house - Grandma Bobby and Grandpa Larry's house.
Love, Fenway - your family's Maine Coon cat
No comments:
Post a Comment